Wednesday 13 November 2013

Focus Group


1.       Are the characters believable and why?
2.       From reading the script what do you imagine the setting to look like?
3.       What do you feel about the plot? Is it realistic and consistent?
4.       What do you think each character would look like?
5.       What do you think each character’s personality is like?

Person 1
1.       I feel the characters are realistic and believable. I feel that Scott, Liam and Josh are your everyday teenagers but obviously with a twist considering they have super-powers.
2.       I imagine the setting to be very dark at night due to the character’s personalities coming across as very ‘chavy’ and chavs hang around the streets at night
3.       I feel the plot is somewhat realistic due to the characters however depending on the viewer depends on whether the ‘superpowers’ aspect works. However regarding it being it consistent, I feel that it is very consistent as it sticks to the superpowers throughout and doesn’t jump around as it has meaning behind it (how they obtain their powers)
4.       I think Liam and Josh characters would look very chavy which again is down to their personalities whereas Scott would dress very casual and more stylish due to him seeming a lot smarter compared to the other to.
5.       I feel Scott is very aware of things and is the leader of the group. I feel that Josh is a very shady character due to him doing things out of impulse with no consideration for other characters. I feel that Liam is very slow to catch on to things and is easily manipulated by Josh.

Person 2
1.       I feel the characters are realistic due to them being relatable to the viewer.
2.       I imagine the setting to be misty and heavy with smoke due to the meteor hitting the city.
3.       I feel the plot isn’t that realistic due to super-powers not existing however it makes the script unique with its twist.
4.       I feel they would dress very poorly due to how one of them mentions failing GCSE Science which means they aren’t very smart so I wouldn’t think they’d dress very smartly
5.       I feel they all are quite close due to how they insult each other for fun. I feel that Scott comes across as the most mature one whereas Liam seems very immature. I feel Josh is a very lonely and untrustworthy character due to how he is very demanding and wants things to be done how he wants them to be done.

Person 3
1.       I feel the characters are believable due to how they all are very similar within their friendship group like most friendship groups within modern day life however due to them being similar I feel they aren’t very entertaining due to how they all do the same thing such as insulting each other throughout the script.
2.       I imagine the setting to be heavy ridden with abandoned cars, shops etc with a constant background noise like a car alarm as stated within the script.
3.       I feel the plot of the script is fairly unrealistic not down to the superheroes but more towards the meteor hitting the city which wouldn’t happen nor would you expect to happen.
4.       I feel that the characters would dress bad due to how often they swear and how uneducated they come across almost like a chav so I would guess that they’d wear a tracksuit or something.
5.       I feel that Scott is the smarter one and with the superpower he acquires is now the one who has to look out for the other two. I feel that Josh comes across very untrustworthy with how he only looks out for himself and always wants to do something when he wants. Liam comes across very vulnerable due to him sounding very dumb and gullible.

Person 4
1.       I feel the characters are believable due to how common they are due to how they insult each other regularly which most friends do.
2.       I imagine the setting to be heavily run-down such as broken windows, destroyed buildings, fires etc due to the meteor hitting the city.
3.       I don’t feel the plot is realistic due to the characters just stumbling upon meteor crash but more importantly not even being aware it happened
4.       I feel the characters would dress casually in things like joggers and such due to how they are not very intelligent and people who are not very intelligent we don’t assume to dress very well.
5.       I feel that Scott would come across as the responsible one like the leader. I feel that Josh is the rude one with how he uses ‘vulgar’ language and the most childish. I feel that Liam is the childish one.


No comments:

Post a Comment