Wednesday 16 October 2013

Script Draft 2

Media Script
“LIABILITIES” EPISODE 1
*Extreme long shot of the deserted city, slowly panning from left to right showing no-one in sight other than the 3 main characters*
*Scott, Liam and Joshua are stood on a hill overlooking an empty city where no-one is in sight, cars have crashed and there is a big crater in the centre*
Scott:
(Gazes into the distance) Where is everyone? Like no-one’s there and cars are overturned and stuff
Liam:
What are you suggesting Scott?
Josh:
He’s obviously suggesting that everyone has given up with this dead-end city and decided to leg it to the nearest city where dreams can still be made.
Scott:
(Sighs) No Josh. What I meant to say is it looks like something has hit the city and everyone has fled or worse..
Liam:
What do you mean worse?
Scott:
Like y’know dead and stuff
Josh:
Just listen to yourselves; they’re probably fitting new roads or something you retards
Scott:
That deep? They’re not making a highway to hell you utter moron.
*Liam laughs*
Josh:
Okay smartass, so what’s happened?
Liam:
Just stop fighting. We need to go down there and investi, investing-
Josh:
Investigate?
Liam:
yeah.
Josh:
So? What are we waiting around here for? C’mon. *Grabs Liam by the arm as they walk towards the empty city*
*Scene closes and transitions out into a fade effect
*Scott, Liam and Joshua approach the city where they can hear car alarms going off*
Scott:
Well, this doesn’t look very ‘fun’
Josh:
C’mon lets go closer
Scott:
*dramatically* And here he goes again, always taking command to drag us to an early death
Josh:
Wow. You realllllyyyyyyyy are a pussy. Liam you game?
Liam:
Game? What? Sorry I wasn’t listening
Josh:
Well I’m going with or without you.
Liam:
*stutters* but, but, but it looks dangerous like we could get hurt or somethin’
Scott:
For once, I agree with you Liam.
Josh:
Fine then. *walks of towards the crater avoiding obstacles within his path*
*Scott and Liam shortly follow*

Liam:
Wait up! If I didn’t know any better it seems like you have got a keen interest with big, dark holes…
Scott:
He was in Juvenile for too long and-
*Josh interrupts*
Josh:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha no.
Liam:
I don’t understand..
Josh:
Good, you wouldn’t want to. *sternly looks at Scott*
*Josh approaches the crater where he stares down into it*
Josh:
*whispers to himself* what is that..
Scott:
Get away from the edge, don’t want you falling in do we?
Liam:
Yeah.
*Scott and Liam approach Josh to see what he is staring at*
Liam:
Is that a-
Scott:
Meteor. Yes. Has to be. But, it can’t be!
Josh:
*smugly* obviously is.
*Josh climbs carefully down into the crater*
Scott:
Josh! What the f*** are you doing?! You’ll get yourself killed!
Josh:
I’ve done stuff like this before, I’ll be fineeeeeeeeee
*A spark comes of the meteor and connects with Josh which sends him to the ground*
Scott:
What the..
Liam:
Josh are you alright?! ‘cos you don’t look it
Josh:
And I’m fine, I just feel er… weird?
Scott:
It’s about time you came out the closet.
Josh:
Not like that. I mean I feel like, hot and numb almost like I’ve got pins and needles in my arm
*Liam offers his arm out to help Josh out the crater*
*Josh connects his hand onto Liam’s arm which Liam screams in agony and shrugs Josh off him*
Liam:
Josh! What the **** man, that hurt!
Josh:
What hurt?
Liam:
You know.
Josh:
I honestly don’t
Liam:
You squeezed my arm!
Josh:
No I didn’t! I had hardly any grasp on it.
Liam:
well whatever you did it really ******* hurt.
*Scott climbs down into the crater to get a closer look at the meteor*
Josh:
Oh yeah, just climb closer to the meteor, don’t give a flying **** about me.
Liam:
I see what you did there *points to Josh with both hands and grins*
Scott:
Shh. From what it seems something has connected into you, like, an electric shock or something.
Josh:
Electric? From a meteor? Next joke.
Scott:
(bragging) I did GCSE science, I’m being serious
Liam:
Thought you failed that?
Scott:
(Sternly) I did, but that’s not the point.
*Liam climbs down into the crater alongside Scott*
Liam:
So what actually is it?
Scott:
I’m not sure what it is but whatever it is has totally messed up Josh.
Scott:
Josh… Josh…. JOSH
Josh:                                                                                             
Yeah, sorry, I’m still here just slowly dieing.
Liam:
But you aren’t.
Josh:
Shutup.
*Camera turns to face Liam who is gazing at the meteor which the other two characters notice* 
Josh:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
(Directed at Liam) What the fuck are you looking at

Scott:

Who? Me?
Josh:
No. Him! *points at Liam*
Liam:
(Unaware of what’s happening) Err. What. Sorry wasn’t listening
Josh:
What were you staring at?
Liam:
The Meteor, it’s glowing
Scott:
No it isn’t...
*An explosion goes off in which Scott and Josh turn around to see where it came from*
Scott:
(In fear) What the fuck was that?!
Josh:
(Bluntly) Like I’d know
*Scott and Josh turn back around to talk to Liam*
Scott:
Liam, Do you know wha-
*A slight pause*
Liam:
What?
Scott: (CONT’D)
Liam?..
Liam:
Yeah?
*Camera focuses on a space in which Liam is but cannot be seen to the characters*

Josh:
Where the fuck is he? I can hear him talking and stuff but he’s like not there
Scott:
(Bluntly to Josh) No shit. I can hear you but you’re like not there
Josh: (Interupts)
I must be trippin’ balls man
Liam:
Are you two okay?
Scott:

(Stressing) Are we okay? You’re the one fucking hiding
Liam:
How am I hiding? I’m stood right in front of you
Josh:
But we can’t see ya..
Scott:
Did you touch the meteor?
Liam:
I don’t think so.. not that I know of
Josh:
(Making it clear to Scott) Of course he has! He’s fucking invisible for fuck sake
Liam:
(In shock) Me? Invisible? Awesome.
Scott:
He can’t be! You haven’t been affected like he has!
*Camera focuses on Josh’s arm*
*A electic ripple goes along Josh’s arm*
Josh:
(Cheekily and cockily) Are you sure mate?


Scott:
(Starts to panic) IT CANT BE! SUPERPOWERS ARE NON-EXISTANT AND DON’T EXIST IS JUST FOR COMICS AND STUFF
Liam:
(Mockingly) Ooooo someone learned a new word, Mr Fancyyyyyyy
Scott:
Shutup! You can’t just trot along over to the meteor and touch it like this-
*Scott touches the meteor*
 *Scene suddenly changes where a car is hurling towards Liam where Josh fires an electric bolt at to prevent it from hitting Liam*
*Scene abruptly ends and returns to where they were prior to this flashback-like scene*
Josh:
Scott, Scott, are you okay Scott? Wouldn’t want our little baby all hurt *graps his cheek mockingly*
*Scott shoves Josh off him*
Scott:
Wow…
Liam:
What?
Scott:
I think I just had a flashback or something
Josh:
Oh yeah? Of what?
Scott:
(struggling to remember) There was a car. It was flying towards Liam and you shot it back with a bolt or something
Liam:
But that hasn’t happened so how is it a flashback?
Scott:
(dazed) I don’t know, it just, just happened alight?


Josh:
Whatever you’re on. I need some of that shit.
*Another explosion goes off in which the camera has an over-the-shoulder of Liam which a car is heading towards him*
*Josh quickly steps in and without thinking shoots the car back with an electric bolt*
*The characters fall to the ground where they try to make sense of what Scott said and what happened*
Liam:
What. Just. Happened.
Josh:
What you said-
Liam and Josh: (synchronously)
Happened.
Scott:
I know, I knew something happened to me when I touched that meteor!
Josh:
So lets get this straight. I can somehow shoot electric bolts, Liam can turn invisible and you can see into the future?!
Scott:
(Unsure) It seems that way I guess
Josh:
Do you realize what we can do?! We can be whatever we want to be! We’re fucking superheroes!
Liam:
This is going to be sweeeeeeeeeeeet
Scott:
We have powers now I guess. You know what they say, with great power comes great responsibility
Josh:
(Quickly catches on) You robbed that of Spiderman


Scott:
It’s relevant though
Josh:
I couldn’t give a flying fuck if it’s relevant, we’ve got a 3 different powers and we’re sat here in a ditch wondering why we’ve got them. Lets get out there and fuck shit up
Liam:
Amen.
Scott:
We’re (reluctant to say) ‘superheroes’ now. We’re not criminals.
Liam:
Didn’t stop us before.
Scott:
That was different, we had nothing to do with our lifes: no aspirations, hopes etc we we’re washouts with no purpose but now..
Liam:
“now” what?
Scott:
Now. We sort this mess out and find out what’s really going on.
*Scene ends where dramatic closing music plays to smoothly end the scene*



No comments:

Post a Comment